Aqua Vista Glass is a business built to keep children safe around pools. Every year we offer glass pool fencing services, advise on and install thousands of pool fences to ensure that young children can’t swim without supervision. We also install glass balustrade that provides a safety barrier of some sort or is used as fencing.
We recognise that an even more important part of keeping children safe in and around water is teaching them to swim. The teachers of tomorrow will therefore play a critical role in keeping our children safe around water.
Our directors have long histories as the beneficiaries and providers of education, and wish to recognise and support education students – our future teachers – particularly those with a focus on teaching physical education.
Each semester we offer five scholarships of $2,000 to students throughout Australia studying an education degree (undergraduate or postgraduate) with a focus on physical education.
The directors of Aqua Vista Glass will assess applications based on a range of factors including each candidate’s:
- demonstrated interest in teaching physical education;
- demonstrated participation in community-based sport;
- evidence of academic achievement; and
- planned use of the funds to advance their education as teachers.
Individual students are only eligible to receive one scholarship. Successful applicants will not be considered for future Aqua Vista Glass scholarships.
To apply for the scholarship, candidates should
- be studying an education degree (whether undergraduate or postgraduate), with a desire to enter the teaching profession;
- submit an essay of no more than one page (300 words) outlining their interest in and background in teaching physical education as well as how they intend to use the scholarship proceeds to advance their goal of teaching physical education; and
- submit a formal transcript of their academic results.
A reference from a lecturer or tutor, while not required, will be looked upon favourably.
The closing dates for the Aqua Vista Glass scholarship are:
2015 Semester 1: 15 April 2015
2015 Semester 2: 15 September 2015
2016 Semester 1: 15 April 2016
2016 Semester 2: 15 September 2016
How to apply, and further information
Simply fill in the form below to apply.